Hospital union to NLRC: Speedily resolve our ULP case
For Reference: Roberto Villaram, President, Bacolod Our Lady of Mercy Specialty Hospital Employees Union | Mobile phone: 0949.942.8940 (Smart) | 0915.338.0721 (Globe) | The Bacolod Our Lady of Specialty Hospital Employees Union (BOLMSHEU) urges National Labor Relations Commission to resolve Union busting and illegal dismissal cases involving 7 union officers and 6 members because the union functions to its members are put in jeopardy especially during collective bargaining negotiation.
“NLRC must speedily resolve our cases before their office because not only the families of terminated employees is suffering but also all the rank and file employees of the hospital,” said Roberto Villaram BOLMSHEU President.
Last December 30, 2011, Dra. Evangeline C. Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Bacolod Our Lady of Mercy Specialty Hospital terminated 35 employees belonging to Janitorial and Orderly sub departments on the bases of cost cutting measure and redundancy. But the hospital outsources 35 contractual employees to substitute dismissed employees. Only 19 out of 35 terminated employees filed a case before NLRC.
“We believed that hospital until is not suffering from business losses because they continue to hire new employees to different departments and the on going hospital renovations,” said Villara.
Last June 28, National Conciliation and Mediation Board Voluntary Arbitrator Atty. Mateo Villanueva ordered the reinstatement 10 dietary employees and 3 ambulance drivers with payment of back wages and other social benefits after finding that the hospital management illegally terminated employees and committed unfair labor practice.
“We Appeal for the speedy resolution of our cases for the sake of our family, union members and hospital patient,” Villaram stress.
Complainant at NLRC includes 2 members of union’s executive committee, 5 members of Board of Directors and union members. ###
- Hospital union filed notice of strike today
- An Open Letter To All Consultant and Resident Doctors And Stockholders Of Bacolod Our Lady of Mercy Specialty Hospital
- Stop illegal and unjust dismissal of Bacolod Our Lady of Mercy specialty hospital employees!
- TESTIGO July-September 2011 Issue
- Indi na magpatiplang, kundi manindugan!
- Opposition To House Bill 6069 And Senate Bill NO. 3130
- Banana workers picket Sumifru Phils. office
- Urgent appeal calling to support the just demands for job security, wage increase and benefits of the Far Eastern University employees
- TESTIGO Newsletter: January-March 2011
- Urgent Appeal for ABS-CBN IJM Workers